It is possible to side load the resource containers.
Reasons to side load the resources:
- The Internet is either slow, intermittent or unavailable so sideloading will be faster and without fails.
Steps to side load the resources on a computer:
First – download the updates in translationStudio
- Click on the 3-dot menu
- Choose Update
- Choose Update List of Available Source Texts
- NOTE: This process ONLY updates the list of the available source texts.
- Wait for update to complete. This may take a long time to complete – depending on bandwidth.
- NOTE: you may receive notice that it was not complete. Sometimes this notice is not accurate.
- Close the window.
- The ‘Choose a source’ window opens
- Click either language or book
- Enter the name of the language (English)
- Choose Category (OT, NT, Other)
- Select all books or individual books for the English ULB
- Click on the Download button to update the sources.
Second – copy the most current resource containers available.
- Go to the computer that has the most recent copies of the resource containers.
- HINT: Tech Support Person should download the latest resource containers onto their computer before going to a MAST Event.
- On a PC go to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\translationstudio\library\resource_containers
- Select the files that are the most recent (or the files for the desired Gateway Language) and copy them to a USB drive.
Third – paste the resources into the translators’ computer (this assumes that translationStudio is installed on the computer)
- Make sure that translationStudio program is closed.
- On the PC go to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\translationstudio\library\resource_containers
- Select the files that were copied onto the USB drive.
- Copy-paste the files from the USB drive to the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\translationstudio\library\resource_containers folder.